Role: Technical Support Manager
Sector: Bus and Coach
Location: Hybrid (Office Cambridge / Home Based with Frequent Travel)
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: up to £60,000 depending on experience
We are looking for a Technical Support Manager to initially support the company Sales and Engineering team.
As a Technical Support Manager, you will be at the forefront, covering the range of company products and ensuring the commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction.
Working within the Bus and Coach sector your mission is to engage in regularly planned meetings with key customers, discuss product performance, explore new opportunities, and recommend support packages to drive the company products forward and contributing to the success of the sales team.
What is on offer:
· Professional Growth and Development
· Company Bonus: Enjoy a potential up to 10% yearly bonus provided by the company based on KPI achievements.
· Company Car Allowance and Expenses Paid
· Pension Scheme: Matched up to 3% of your salary
· Travel Insurance
· Holiday Allowance: Start with 25 days and increase up to 30 days with length of service, plus bank holidays.
· Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
· Proven experience within the bus and coach industry
· Previous technical support, or similar role within the automotive or manufacturing sector is preferable
· Strong technical acumen and the ability to understand complex engineering concepts
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with the sales and engineering teams
· Problem solving skills and the ability to think logically in high pressure situations
· Prior experience in conducting professional training sessions is a plus
· Strong analytical skills
Primary responsibilities will include:
As the Technical Support Manager working within the bus and coach industry, you will play a crucial role in bridging the gap between the sales and engineering teams.
1. Customer Liaison:
Act as the main point of contact for technical enquiries from customers, sales team and internal stakeholders
Provide timely and accurate technical assistance to customers during both pre-sales and post-sales periods
2. Sales Support:
Collaborate with the sales team to understand customer requirements and offer technical solutions which align with our products
Assist in creating technical documentation, proposals and presentations for potential customers
3. Engineering Collaboration:
Work closely with the engineering team to understand the products specifications and features
Provide feedback from the customers to the engineering team to facilitate product improvements and enhancements
4. Product Testing and Homologation
Liaise with and supervise product testing in coordination with the Homologation team
Understand, analyse and report testing results to stakeholders
Develop an appropriate understanding of the required legislations to certify buses and coaches in the UK and EU
5. Problem Resolution:
Investigate and resolve technical issues reported by customers, coordinating with the engineering and market service team as required
Act as a mediator between sales and engineering to address any conflicts or challenges arising
Maintain comprehensive and up-to- date technical information, manuals and FAQ’s to assist both internal teams and customers
If you would like to find out more about this role and you would like to be a pivotal part of our client's future in the UK Bus and Coach Industry, apply now!
At Venatu Recruitment Group, your right to privacy is important to us. By applying for this job, your information will be entered into our recruitment system.
Job posted by: Amanda Braithwaite Peters