Are you looking for a part-time Accountant role at an established, forward-thinking Accountancy practice?
This company takes a modern approach to accountancy with flexibility on the days/ hours you work, remote working options and an excellent benefits package, including 5 weeks holiday (plus bank holidays), Christmas shut down, health cashback and genuine opportunities for progression.
To be successful as a part-time Accountant, you will need a strong background in accounting (bureau experience essential), must be confident managing a portfolio of clients and used to working in a fast-paced environment. Good working knowledge of software such as Sage and Xero and up-to-date tax legislation is also required.
Part-qualified and qualified-by-experience considered.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Work from home flexibility (1 day in-office required)
- Split your hours across 3-5 days
- Company bonus scheme
- Health cashback
- Christmas shut down
Duties to include:
- Accounts preparation for Limited companies, Sole traders and Partnerships
- Prepare Individual, Partnership and Corporation Tax Returns
- Management Accounts
- Review, prepare and submit VAT returns on behalf of clients
- Support clients with general matters i.e., bookkeeping
- Ensure client relationships are maintained to a high standard
- Provide accountancy software support to clients
- Support with training junior team members and managing the team workflow
- Liaising with HMRC and ensuring HMRC compliance
- To be proactive, plan and prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Experience working in practice accountancy (essential)
- Qualifications advantageous (AAT, ACCA, ACA) or qualified through experience
- Accountancy software experience essential, Sage 50, Xero, Quick Books.
- Able to prepare accounts to the final stage
- IRIS Practice Software experience advantageous, IRIS Accounts Production, Business Tax, Personal Tax, P11D, Company Secretarial and Open Space
- Fantastic communication and interpersonal skills
- Ambitious and self-motivated, able to work to targets
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in client-facing roles with excellent customer service
- Strong organisational and time management skills
Share this job
Job Seekers Resources