Are you ambitious and want the opportunity to grow within a business, where you are supported to maximise your ambitions?
Do you want to be involved in something from the early days a make a real difference to the future of the UK Housing Market and be part of the solution?
If the answer to any of those is YES, then please give me a call as this opportunity is exceptional.
My client is operating out of the state of the art manufacturing facilities based near Leeds. They are looking to massively grow their team across the business over the next 12 months. If you are collaborative, can think differently and have the attitude and ability to speak to people throughout the business this is for you.
- To be responsible for administering the construction commercial processes and functions within the business to ensure commercial exposure is managed within the business appetite and contractual obligations met in both head contract and sub-contracts.
Contract Administration (Head Contracts and Sub-Contracts)
- Advise on contract structure with both external and internal clients.
- Ensure that scope, notices, terms and conditions are implemented and communicated appropriately
- Undertake contractual procedures including; payments, variations/change management, contra charges, notices and contract entitlements
- Assist with dispute management procedures as required
- Assist the Pre-Construction estimating team with cost estimates based on accurate cost libraries and assumptions, reflective of site specific details and characteristics.
- Provide input to feasibility appraisals
- Working with Pre-Contraction help develop and maintain accurate cost libraries and development rates.
- Develop, draft and negotiate contracted work packages including package scope, quantification, tender method, negotiation and subcontract documentation
- Work closely with the Commercial, Construction and Procurement teams to help develop and expand a strong residential biased supply chain.
- Issue tender documents, subsequent examination and preparing a detailed tender analysis and recommendation for each area tendered by subcontractor and supplier
- Ensuring timely placement of sub-contractor contracts following an adequate tender programme and ensuring all relevant information is available at tender issue.
- Comply with the requirements of company commercial processes and policies for all tendered works
Design / Change Management
- Undertake and administer the project Change Management processes in accordance with the contractual processes including design change, scope variation, instruction and programme change
- Provide feedback and design input to internal and external designers regarding viability and cost effectiveness of design.
- Undertake monthly management reports (CVR’s) including sub-contract and final account forecasting, risks and opportunities and cashflow forecasts
- Teamwork & Leadership
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with Commercial, Design, Manufacturing and Construction teams to ensure common goals are set and achieved.
- Records and Archives
- Ensure the maintenance of records including diaries, letters, emails, notices, drawings, site records, etc
Health & Safety
- Ensure all procurement and costs allow for the relevant Health & Safety standards to be effectively incorporated into projects.
National travel to sites including overnight stays will be required.
- Quantity Surveying degree or other relevant qualification
- MRICS and/or MCIOB desirable
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience of the housebuilding market
- Experience in negotiating complex commercial issues and create innovative solutions.
- Detail knowledge of JCT or standard form housebuilding contracts
- Experienced in construction contract administration and processes (e.g. valuations, cost reporting, notices etc)
- Good team player and collaboratively worker
- Decisive while working at pace, thinking about problem solving
- Good IT skills
Share this job
Job Seekers Resources