The role is reporting directly to the Managing Director and is a new appointment to allow the business to manage its planned growth. You will be working for a business that has a turnover of 30 million and employs 150 people in the UK. The warehouse is 25,000 sq ft employing 18 people across the purchasing and supply chain sector. Having 2 direct reports with combined employment of 30 years’ service.
The business has a stock level of over 40,000 parts that are shipped from countries such as Italy, China, and Germany. The type of industries their customers come from are Food, Engineering, and NHS.
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for the overall management of Purchasing and Warehouse operations. Working closely with the Managers of both Teams to ensure effective and efficient delivery of our end-to-end supply chain process.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Create the Company’s supply chain strategy, evaluate and report on KPIs.
- Responsible for improving end-to-end supply chain and procurement functions that are synonymous with outstanding customer service, operational excellence, and optimal profitability.
- leading and managing a professional Supply Chain function that effectively interfaces with the rest of the business to meet objectives.
- Creating initiatives to improve efficiency and deliver results.
- Analysing and forecasting stock levels
- Responsibility for the setting of KPI’s in conjunction with the Managing Director
- Ability to work to KPI’s targets on stock holding, forecasting, and waste management.
- Responsible for creating and implementing best practice logistics principles policies and processes.
- Responsible for collaborating with other departments to create coordinated plans for business growth.
Key Skills/Knowledge Required:
- Experience within the MRO/OEM Sector
- Possess operational management experience, preferably from a Distribution environment.
- Effective leader with a pro-active management style
- Demonstrate a track record of success in leading and developing multi-disciplined teams.
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to motivate & develop employees.
- The ability to embrace the challenge and responsibility of leading a busy and successful operation.
- The ability to be both hands-on and strategic.
- The ability to influence, develop and maintain excellent working relationships with suppliers and clients.
- Must possess strong commercial acumen.
- Experience in Third Party Logistics
- Experience in Inter-Continental shipping
- A strategic and analytical thought process
Share this job
Job Seekers Resources